Friday 17 January 2014

Subtracting Integers, YEAH

Subtracting Integers
Anian here. Subtracting Integers? Oh.
1. This could start in different ways, either (-N) - (-N) , (+N) - (+N) , (-N) - (+N) or (+N) - (-N).
N=any number
Examples: (-5) - (-2) , (+6) - (+4), (+5) - (-4) and (-9) - (+7).
2. Now let's really start now,

(-5) - (-2) = (-3)
- - - (- -)->
(-3)
This is pretty much the math that we are all use to. How do I know? Well, notice the negative sign/symbols, they're the same. Here is a tip: if you want you can ignore the symbols completely, then afterwards put back the symbols. This only works if both integer have similar symbols.

(+6) - (+4)(+2)

+ + (+ + + +) ->
(+2)
Almost the same as before, the only difference is that this is positive. The one before was negative.
NEXT!

3. Now things get interesting,

(+5) - (-4) =

+ + + + + Wait, how do you take away (-4) out of (+5)? Zero pairs! I'll show you.

+ + + + + + + + +
 (+9)       ( -  -  -  - )->

By adding  a few zero pairs, doesn't change the integer. Now you can take the negative or positive. If you add any extra won't make any difference as I said before, zero pairs doesn't change the integer.

(-9) - (+7) =

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -
(-16)                   ( + + + + + + + )->

Same as before, except vice versa. Just read the one before.
Very AWESOME AMZING TIP:
Take a look at (-9) - (+7). Now look at (-9) + (-7). If you notice, they both equal (-16). Here is the tip, do the opposite or make them the same symbol, then the opposite of the equation symbol, that is either plus or minus.


Now, I hope that I helped. And thank you for  taking a few minutes on reading this. Subtracting Integers, COMPLETED!

5 comments:

  1. Nice job, Anian. He explained integers very well. You were born to be a blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anian, I was wondering, how do you write blogs? You can message me on Gmail @ filipev708@gmail.com. I would really appreciate if you told me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Filipe just click on the new post on the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, thanks. Hey, Anian, how do you go back to the home page to see what's for homework? I have this on my favourite so I don't have to sign in. What do I do? Thanks for helping me in advance.

    ReplyDelete