Wednesday 22 January 2014

Adding Integers


Adding integers

We are going to start with the method used for when we have the same sign.


Same sign: This is the simple part of adding integers, when adding with the same sign you pretty much just add it. When you add with negative sign just pretend the sign isn't there and just put them in at the end, like so. But for adding it's just adding them both together.

Example:    Beginning: (8) + (6) = (14)
             End: (-8) + (-6) = (-14)

                    (+6) + (+6) = (+12)

Different signs: When adding with different sign you use the sign with the biggest number, so if you have (+6) + (-3), you have to use the sign with the larger number in this case it's +.

Example:    (+8) + (-3) = (+5)
                 

This is it for my blog i'm sorry it's not to long because I lost my notes, but I tried my best and i'm going to make a better adding integers blog this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment